Search Results for Southern California HERC
La Jolla, CaliforniaPB Coding Manager
La Jolla, CaliforniaStaff Research Associate II (San Francisco, CA)
La Jolla, CaliforniaAssistant, Associate or Full Clinical Professor FY18-19 Department of Anesthesiology
La Jolla, California(RN) Clinical Nurse II/ III - Neuro ICU
La Jolla, California
UC San Diego is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through excellence in education and research at the undergraduate, graduate, professional school and postdoctoral levels. The campus is committed to community engagement, public service and industry partnerships in order to advance the health and well-being of our region, state, nation and the world. Our academic community of world-renowned faculty, bright students and dedicated staff is characterized by a culture of interdisciplinary collaboration and innovation which spans the globe.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, our university strives to maintain a climate of fairness, cooperation, and professionalism, which is embodied in our campus Principles of Community. UC San Diego embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential ingredients of academic excellence in higher education.
Innovation is central to who we are and what we do at the University of California, San Diego. Here, students learn that knowledge isn’t just acquired in the classroom—life is their laboratory. UC San Diego is an academic powerhouse and economic engine, recognized as one of the top 10 public universities by U.S. News & World Report and ranked number one in the nation for public service by the Washington Monthly. Our location is unparalleled, our impact unmistakable. UC San Diego shapes minds, changes lives, launches industries and builds the future … one student, one discovery and one achievement at a time.
|15th in the World for Scientific Impact||UC San Diego was named 15th best research university in the world by the Centre for Science and Technology Studies of Leiden University’s 2013 list that measured scientific impact of universities worldwide.|
|15th Best University in the World||In the prestigious 2012 Academic Ranking of World Universities released by the Center for World-Class Universities at Shanghai Jiao Tong, UC San Diego was ranked the 15th best university in world. In 2013, UC San Diego was ranked 20th best university in the world by the Center for the World University Rankings and 34th best in the world according to Times Higher Education’s “World Reputation Rankings.”|
|8th Best Public University in the Nation||For more than a decade, our campus has been listed among the nation’s top 10 public universities by the U.S. News & World Report 2013 Best Colleges Guidebook. Our university is 38th among the nation’s top 281 universities. The UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering’s undergraduate program is ranked 23rd for their engineering doctorates program and garnered a 5th place spot in the Biomedical/Biomedical Engineering category.|
|#1 Best Hospital in San Diego||The UC San Diego Health System is recognized as #1 among San Diego’s adult hospitals and #5 in California by the 2013-2014 U.S. News & World Report “America’s Best Hospitals” issue, and ranked among the best in the nation in ten specialty areas including cancer, cardiology, geriatrics, neurosurgery, urology, gastroenterology, diabetes and more.|
|Top 100||Becker’s Hospital Review named UC San Diego Health System among the top “100 Hospitals with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs” in 2013 for complex brain and spinal care and the Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center among the top “100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs” for outstanding heart care.|
|#1 Best Surfing School in the Nation||In 2013 the global Web site Surfline ranked UC San Diego as the #1 campus in the nation for surfing based on our proximity to the world-renowned Black’s Beach, nationally ranked surf team, lively student life, affordable educational costs and extensive offering of surf classes.|
|13th Top School for Peace Corps Service||UC San Diego ranks 4th among large California universities and 13th nationally on the Peace Corps’2013 list of“Top Colleges and Universities.” There are currently 70 UC San Diego alumni serving as Peace Corps volunteers.|
|Top Sustainable School||UC San Diego is one of only 10 campuses in the United States and Canada to earn a “gold” sustainability-performance rating in the prestigious Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS) 2011 survey.|
|Incomparable Art Collection||Mary Beebe won the 2011 Americans for the Arts’ Public Art Network Award for her work as director of the Stuart Collection, a unique program of site-specific works by leading artists on the campus of UC San Diego.|
The University of California, San Diego is dedicated to learning, teaching, and serving society through education, research, and public service. Our international reputation for excellence is due in large part to the cooperative and entrepreneurial nature of the UC San Diego community. UC San Diego faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to be creative and are rewarded for individual as well as collaborative achievements.
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to maintain a climate of fairness, cooperation, and professionalism. These principles of community are vital to the success of the University and the well being of its constituents. UC San Diego faculty, staff, and students are expected to practice these basic principles as individuals and in groups.
- We value each member of the UC San Diego community for his or her individual and unique talents, and applaud all efforts to enhance the quality of campus life. We recognize that each individual's effort is vital to achieving the goals of the University.
- We affirm each individual's right to dignity and strive to maintain a climate of justice marked by mutual respect for each other.
- We value the cultural diversity of UC San Diego because it enriches our lives and the University. We celebrate this diversity and support respect for all cultures, by both individuals and the University as a whole.
- We are a university that adapts responsibly to cultural differences among the faculty, staff, students, and community.
- We acknowledge that our society carries historical and divisive biases based on race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and political beliefs. Therefore, we seek to foster understanding and tolerance among individuals and groups, and we promote awareness through education and constructive strategies for resolving conflict.
- We reject acts of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and political beliefs, and, we will confront and appropriately respond to such acts.
- We affirm the right to freedom of expression at UC San Diego. We promote open expression of our individuality and our diversity within the bounds of courtesy, sensitivity, confidentiality, and respect.
- We are committed to the highest standards of civility and decency toward all. We are committed to promoting and supporting a community where all people can work and learn together in an atmosphere free of abusive or demeaning treatment.
- We are committed to the enforcement of policies that promote the fulfillment of these principles.
We represent diverse races, creeds, cultures, and social affiliations coming together for the good of the University and those communities we serve. By working together as members of the UC San Diego community, we can enhance the excellence of our institution.
Dual Career Portal
The University of California, San Diego, recognizes that decisions about seeking, accepting, and maintaining employment often involve considerations concerning two careers. This is why it has partnered with Southern California HERC in helping dual-career couples with their job search related needs. UC San Diego and SoCal HERC provide tools and resources for jobseekers and for institutions to systematically address dual-career challenges. Such work has been recognized by the American Council on Education, the American Association of University Professors, the American Psychological Association, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, Stanford University's Clayman Institute for Gender Research and National Public Media's "Marketplace".
Resources provided by UC San Diego and SoCal HERC for dual career jobseekers include:
1. Dual-Career Job Search
Using HERC's dual-career search, you can search for jobs that meet both you and your partner's job search criteria. You can also select the distance between jobs to ensure they are within a commutable distance.
2. Custom Job Alerts
Once you create a free account, you can turn your dual-career search into a customized job alert so you never miss an opportunity.
3. Expert Career Advice
Explore HERC's comprehensive list of articles, research, studies, and links on the dual-career topic.
Explore HERC's career webinars for additional advice about preparing your resume and presenting yourself in interviews.
In addition, UC San Diego and SoCal HERC have developed a Dual Career Portal that provides information on the various aspects that affect dual career couples in decision making. The Dual Career Portal provides information, assistance, and support for those seeking employment with the University of California, San Diego and San Diego area employers. The Dual Career Portal provides specific complimentary information on:
- Job Search Resources
- Relocation Resources
- Schools and Childcare
- Eldercare Resources
- Recreation Arts and Entertainment
Information available for Dual Career applicants seeking employment at UC San Diego can be found here.
Additional information on UCSD's Dual Career related programs and services can be found here.
UC San Diego: A Living Laboratory Where Sustainability Comes Alive
Sustainability is part of UC San Diego’s institutional DNA. It is an integral part of our university’s past and it is a top priority in our education, research and campus operations today.
Before UC San Diego was established in 1960, Scripps Institution of Oceanography Director and founding father of UC San Diego, Roger Revelle, warned that greenhouse gases from industrialization could endanger the planet. Soon thereafter, Scripps geochemist Charles David Keeling began his precise measurement of atmospheric carbon dioxide, which became known as the “Keeling Curve.” It is now known as “the most important geophysical measurement of the 20th century.”
Over the past five decades, UC San Diego has built on their pioneering climate change research by enhancing energy efficiency, alternative fuels, photovoltaic technology, renewable-energy storage, water conservation, green building practices and smart grid technology. The campus also purchases many of its resources, everything from paper to dining hall food, from sustainable-practice suppliers. These conservation practices now save the campus more than $8 million annually.
At UC San Diego, we’re equally dedicated to producing leaders who will find solutions to our most pressing environmental problems. From economics to mechanical engineering and environmental systems, academic departments have incorporated sustainability concepts into majors, minors, internships, classes and a wide range of research experiences.
UC San Diego practices what it teaches. Today, our students, faculty and staff are building on the legacy of Revelle and Keeling through their commitment to sustainable practices, education and research, and by targeting zero waste by 2020 and climate neutrality by 2025. We are proud that our campus has transformed into a living laboratory where sustainability comes alive.
- UC San Diego Receives “Gold Rating” for Sustainability
- UC San Diego Named Grand Champion at 8th Annual SDG&E Energy Showcase
- UC San Diego Named One of Greenest Colleges in U.S. and Canada by Princeton Review
- UC San Diego’s Keeling Apartments Earn Top Honors for Innovative and Sustainable Landscape Design
- UC San Diego Receives Diamond Award from SANDAG for Alternative Transportation
- Princeton Review Rates UC San Diego Among Nation’s Most Environmentally Responsible Universities
- California Sustainability in Higher Education Best Practice Award for HVAC Design/Retrofit - UC San Diego, Geisel Library HVAC Control Retrofit
- Sierra Club Top 20 Coolest Schools: UC San Diego ranks 17th Coolest School in the Nation
- Government Green Fleet Award – “The 100 Best Fleets” organization
- Environmental Services Department Waste Reduction and Recycling Awards: Director’s Recycling Award
- 2012 Energy Showcase SDG&E Energy Champion Award in Higher Education
- UC San Diego First in SANDAG’s 2012 iCommute Rideshare Corporate Challenge
- 2012 President’s Award by the San Diego Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects
The university operates four research institutes and affiliated with several regional research centers