Search Results for Southern California HERC
Greenville, South CarolinaTemporary Substitute/ Asst. Teacher
Greenville, South CarolinaAdjunct Instructor: Machine Tool Technology
Greenville, South CarolinaTemporary Staff: Mechatronics Lab Assistant
Greenville, South CarolinaTemporary Instructor: Accounting
Greenville, South Carolina
Greenville Technical College transforms students’ lives and helps our community thrive by providing a world-class, affordable education to students and building an educated, engaged workforce committed to life-long learning. Since its beginning in 1962, the college has worked with employers to deliver relevant skills, giving students what they need to qualify for good jobs and succeed in their careers.
Greenville Technical College has grown from a small institution to a thriving five-campus system where students prepare for today’s strongest career opportunities. Students come first with flexible schedules, convenient locations, and instructors who take an interest in student success. Whether students want to start work on a bachelor’s degree or spend two years or less gaining the skills employers need now, Greenville Technical College helps students get there.
Role and Scope
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest public two-year colleges in South Carolina. The college provides exceptional learning opportunities primarily to the residents of Greenville County.
Curricular offerings include (1) certificates, diplomas and associate degrees in business, computer technology, health sciences, engineering technologies, industrial technologies, and public service; and (2) university transfer courses and associate degrees.
The college also provides an extensive offering of continuing education courses for occupational advancement and personal interest, as well as economic development services that encourage business and industrial growth in a diverse economic community.
In addition, transitional courses serve under-prepared students seeking to enter a program of study. Upon completion of their educational goals, the majority of graduates either are employed in fields related to their programs of study or transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
Since the college is an open admission institution, students come from diverse socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. Affordable education is provided through traditional and electronic means at times and locations convenient to students. Faculty and staff are student-centered, flexible, and recognized in their fields. Various educational support services are provided to facilitate the teaching/learning process and to enhance the academic and personal development of the student, including an emphasis on articulation with local high schools and other colleges and universities.
The State of South Carolina offers the following competitive benefits to full-time employees. Visit https://www.peba.sc.govfor more information.
State Health Plan—Savings
State Health Plan—Standard
State Dental Plan
Dental Plan Plus
Note: The state Dental Plan is free for employee only coverage. Coverage for dependents and Dental Plus require monthly premiums
EyeMed State Vision Insurance
The Plan Covers comprehensive eye examinations, frames, lenses, and lens options, contact lens services and materials.
State Vision Discount Program
Employees not enrolled in the EyeMed Vision Insurance can receive discounts on eye exams and prescriptions. For more information visit the state website at http://peba.sc.gov/vision.html.
FBMC MoneyPlu$ Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
SC State Retirement Programs - SCRS & ORP
Annual Leave / Faculty Non-Work Days
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Standards of Behavior
Greenville Technical College is committed to building a culture of service excellence by raising the mission, vision, and values of the college to new heights. We seek to recruit potential employees whose values and expectations align with those of the college.
Applicants for employment will be required to read and accept our Standards of Behavior:
Working in partnership with all members of the Greenville Technical College Community, I will:
- demonstrate teamwork by working with others to achieve the common goal of providing quality service in a positive and effective manner.
- strive to understand the various cultures and groups of the college community, being respectful and appreciative of diverse needs and perspectives.
Utilizing innovative and creative approaches in order to foster an atmosphere of learning, service, and growth, I will:
- embrace change by being flexible, positive, proactive, and resourceful.
- take the initiative to find solutions.
- actively pursue and participate in professional development opportunities.
Employing effective and positive interaction that reflects pride in Greenville Technical College, I will:
- be courteous in all verbal and nonverbal sharing of information.
- learn and comply with laws, college policies, and agreements relating to confidential information.
- listen actively; be responsive and receptive using clear, concise speech and accurate terminology; and share information appropriately.
- practice proper and pleasant telephone etiquette by answering and returning all calls promptly.
- practice responsible and professional email etiquette.
- respond promptly to all requests and inquiries.
Displaying an attitude of excellence while providing an exceptional level of service and quality in all actions and interactions, I will:
- be an ambassador for GTC at all times, ensuring that my actions and words reflect positively on the college.
- provide exceptional service with a pleasant demeanor showing empathy, kindness, and sincerity.
- reflect a professional image by dressing appropriately for the duties I perform and the events I attend.
- take responsibility to know and apply policies, resources, processes, and systems to better serve my co-workers and customers.
- take ownership of all my actions.
Service Excellence Vision
Greenville Technical College creates economic security by transforming lives through access to services that consistently surpass student and business expectations. Good service is an expectation. GREAT service creates loyal customers who recommend GTC to their family and friends. Service that SURPASSES expectations is what we strive to achieve at GTC.
As an institution of higher education, we understand that a diversity and inclusion plan will be effective only when founded on a true belief in and understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion. Therefore, we aspire to create a college culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. We know that our mission of transforming lives through education and our vision of becoming a world-class learning institution will only be achieved by hiring and retaining the best people possible while welcoming students from all backgrounds and life stages with flexible career and educational opportunities.
Greenville Technical College recognizes that the vibrancy of our community is enhanced by diversity, which we define as the range of human differences. We believe a culture of inclusion puts diversity into action by creating an environment of involvement, respect and engagement - where a multiplicity of beliefs, interests, experiences, and viewpoints are harnessed to accomplish our goals.
We work to achieve diversity and inclusion by:
Delivering services in a culturally sensitive manner.
Fostering an environment in which students and employees embrace and promote inclusion and understanding of the value of diversity as demonstrated through interactions with one another.
Integrating diversity into business strategies, decisions, and business processes.
Aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with strategic imperatives.
Increasing effectiveness and accountability of efforts by developing measureable goals.
Greenville is the place to be!
The community surrounding Greenville Technical College offers a variety of entertainment and activities. You'll find
- Plenty of parks, shops, restaurants, movie theaters, and performance venues
- An award winning downtown offering nightlife, outdoor life and wildlife at the Greenville Zoo
- Baseball with the Greenville Drive at the West End ballpark
- Falls Park on the Reedy with its pedestrian bridge
Greenville is also within a short driving distance of popular cities like Charlotte, NC; Asheville, NC; Atlanta, GA; and Charleston, SC.
For more information about Greenville and the Upstate, visit:
Greenville Technical College transforms students’ lives and helps our community thrive by providing a world-class, affordable education to students and building an educated, engaged workforce committed to life-long learning.
Greenville Technical College is recognized as a world-class learning institution where students from all backgrounds and life stages find flexible career and educational opportunities of the highest quality and value. By collaborating with community and business leaders, the college is a primary driver of economic growth through workforce development.
Greenville Technical College is committed to the following values:
- Learning: We are committed to providing transformative learning opportunities that enable individual and community achievement and that are affordable and accessible for all members of our community and promote a culture of life-long learning.
- Integrity: We believe trust is an essential element in a safe and effective learning environment, so we promote and foster openness, honesty, respect, and fairness.
- Diversity: We recognize and celebrate diversity, so we value and support considerate, meaningful communication and inclusiveness in collaborative decision-making processes.
- Cooperation: We value collaboration and teamwork, so we foster caring, professional relationships among students, employees, and our community in an effort to expand partnerships.
- Excellence: We value continuous improvement, so we encourage innovation, creative problem-solving and responsible risk-taking as we act courageously, deliberately, and systematically to enhance and enrich our learning environment and our community.
- Accountability: We value students, faculty, and staff, so we recognize their contributions, encourage their professional development, and regularly evaluate performance to improve learning outcomes, programs, processes, and services.