We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it's part of the reason we've been named one of the top ten hospitals in America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible--for yourself, and for others.
In collaboration with the Associate Dean for Faculty Development manage faculty development programs: develop and implement programs, events, tools, and resources for faculty career development, success, and well-being. Coordinate and support all projects and on-goings related to faculty development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Draft promotional material for faculty development events and publicize events to faculty across campus. Draft communications to faculty on offerings and career development opportunities. Create content for and draft quarterly newsletters.
* Maintain, and regularly update the faculty development intranet and internet website.
* Manage the Faculty Development Council. Develop agendas and provide support and guidance for the Council. Draft minutes and provide resources for quarterly Council member presentations to department faculty.
* Collaborate with campus partners (Graduate Medical Education and Graduate Research Education) to provide resources and support for faculty teaching, writing, mentorship, and leadership.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Academic Programs and Program Manager of the Professorial Structure, provide guidance, counsel, and support on the academic review process to medical staff, faculty, Department Chairs, and administrators. Serve as central resource for the Cedars-Sinai professorial structure.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee the review of dossiers in the Clinical Educator and Adjunct Clinical tracks. Assess submittals against reviewing Council standards and provide counsel as appropriate. Ensure appropriate candidate documentation and accuracy of submissions.
* Provide ongoing guidance and consultation to department administrators and users on the Interfolio (e-dossier) system.
* Draft letters and contribute to reports for Department Chairs, draft detailed reports for the Executive Vice President, Academic Affairs, President/CEO, and Board of Directors.
* Develop Council meeting agendas, attend Council meetings, prepare minutes, and follow-up documentation to Department Chairs and candidates.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.