Performs data analyses and assists in interpretation of results using a variety of techniques to support business practices. Works with management to obtain and identify analytical requirements. Provides recommendations and conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical methods and tools. Researches best practices, develops benchmarks, and provides dashboard metrics to management leadership. Develops a variety of reporting tools for distribution. Ensures data accuracy. Provides input into decisions affecting business operations and strategic initiatives. May lead staff or student workers, as assigned.
Responsible for ad-hoc reporting for the Department and USC Health System. Analyze and report department financial performance, payroll reconciliation, and clinical data on a regular basis. Extract, evaluate and clean data sets. Construct sophisticate modeling to analyze data. Produce meaningful reports to support performance improvements and quality improvements. Backup IT support at the Department level.
1. Monitor and analyze Department financial performance and payroll reconciliation on a regular basis. Report to management about the findings and opportunities for improvements.
2. Extract large amount of quality data from anesthesia records and disparate electronic health systems. Integrate data sets and perform comprehensive data analysis to track quality data overtime. Compare results overtime and identify areas for improvements.
3. Conduct monthly overload calculation. Prepare faculty monthly compensation report. Reconcile payroll to match financial reports. Verify payroll calculations for employees who have status changes, such as leaves, resignations, new hires, promotions, etc.
4. Maintain "Canary" report on a monthly basis and report to the management for the findings. Maintain "Critical Care" report on a monthly basis. Generate daily "Burn Down" report and OR staff count. Deliver daily post-op note report.
5. Participate in short and long-term budget planing for the department.
6. Participate in meetings and work on projects with other team members
7. Use sophisticate coding and analytical tools, such as Tableau and web based softwares, to process health system data sets. Expertize in Excel data analysis functions, such as structuring formulas, to perform ad-hoc projects.
8. Departmental IT support
Preferred Education: Master's in Business or Science
Preferred Other: Tableau, Coding, Data Analysis, Accounting, Finance, Public Health, Healthcare Administration
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degreeMinimum Experience: 1 yearMinimum Field of Expertise: Proficient PC skills. Working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and statistical software programs. Knowledge of business statistics and data analyses techniques. Ability to manage and analyze data. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering has been one of the economic engines in Southern California and a vital hub in the California economy. The technical innovations and ideas generated by the Viterbi faculty and research community have resulted in countless innovations, many becoming the foundations for new companies, products and services. The thousands of students graduating each year bring new ideas and vitality to companies in California and beyond. With an annual research budget exceeding $205M each year, more than 46 research centers and institutes, more than 180 faculty members, 7,800 students and over 60,000 impassioned alumni world-wide, the Viterbi School is addressing some of the world’s great challenges.