As a Research Associate II working for Dr. Eduardo Marban, you will provide technical support related to the preparation and analysis of laboratory specimens and conduct laboratory research under the direction of Dr. Marban and his research staff. You will be studying biological based therapies for cardiac regeneration and biological pacemakers.
Under his direct, you will perform routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures, manufacturing exosome, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, western blots, keeping notes, ordering reagents and maintaining records. You will also be expected to be an independent, science and detail oriented individual with mammalian tissue culture experience.
You will be expected to function efficiently as an individual and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research scientists and associates. Coordination of experiments and preparation of data for publication will be expected.
Participation in laboratory meetings, keeping laboratory notebooks, performing calculations, tabulating data, summarizing methods and results of related experiments will be required. In addition, you will order supplies and maintain inventories, prepare chemical solutions and culture media, maintain general lab cleanliness and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
* Conducting routine production of biologic product(s) including media preparation, cell culture, cell counting, formulation, centrifugation and freezing;
* Independently completing required documentation and guiding other operators on proper cGMP recording of entries and comments on batch records, forms and protocols;
* Compiling data for documentation of test procedures and reporting abnormalities;
* Making detailed observations, planning and assisting with data collection, data analysis, writing and disseminating production results;
* Authoring, revising and updating standard operating procedures using document change system;
* Maintaining broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories;
* Maintaining inventory, material transfers and cleanroom-required activities to support cGMP operations;
* Preparing technical summaries, protocols and reports;
* Initiate and close deviations, investigations of moderate complexity; and
* Performing special manufacturing and development projects.
* Keeps accurate and detailed records of experimental procedures
* Develops and establishes standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.