Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come towork each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place whereyour expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
We are committed to our patients, doctors/nursing staff by providing them with clean equipment and specialty beds in a timely manner.
We have over 50 areas that the team goes to pick up, clean equipment and deliver to VUH and VCH in a 24 hr. a day, 7 days a week.
Deliver equipment in an accurate and timely manner to proper location; 20 minutes on all equipment except owned specialty beds which is 30 minutes (if available)
Process requests generated from clinicians/service centers for patient equipment
Handle all emergency equipment situations by making those your first priority and delivering equipment immediately
Assemble traction carts and overhead frames in accordance with departmental guidelines
React appropriately to stock outs
Ensure medical equipment on hands are sufficient to meet daily demands
Ensure equipment is in clean and safe working condition
Clean, prepare, and test specialty beds for patient use
Rotate stock to ensure Preventive Maintenance is being performed of equipment
Inspect soiled utility rooms and properly sanitize equipment after each use
Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly environment
Take appropriate measures on faulty equipment
Conduct inventory according to schedule
Monitor and maintain adequate supply of equipment in specified storage locations
Ensure all equipment has up to date Preventative Maintenance completed
Maintain work environment in a safe, clean, orderly manner.
Follow all safety procedures in handing supplies and equipment.
Maintain appropriate records and documentation
Maintain appropriate documentation on all equipment specified by the Equipment Supervisor. To include but not limited to Wound Vac's, Specialty beds, Hepa Filters, etc.
Techâs also works holidays which are rotated.
Equipment Techâs are scheduled for on call for one hour.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 0 years of experience or the equivalent.
6:00 PM - 6:00 AM - rotating days and weekends.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Becausewe are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
EQUIPMENT INSPECTIONS (NOVICE):- Reviews and Inspections is a systematicprocess of checking to see whether a piece of equipment is meeting specifiedrequirements.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Monitors material movement into and outof stock, reconciles inventory balances, and maintains adequate inventorylevels.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE):- A continuing focus on the needs andrequirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive tocustomers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERINGEXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURINGHIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGINGRESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.