This position reports directly to the Director of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) in the Office of Academic Affairs. In conjunction with the Director of OIR, this position will interact with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs when appropriate to discuss outcomes of various surveys and projects.
The position will provide administrative and technical support to the Director of OIR and is responsible for providing analytical support at various levels by creating and maintaining data and information, providing statistical analyses, administering institutional wide surveys and responding to survey and ad-hoc information requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Knowledgeable about administrative requirements for major surveys conducted by the University a. Familiarity with requirements, type of distribution, e.g. paper vs. electronic etc.
(2) Coordinates the acquisition, dissemination, collection and analysis of the following intuitional assessment surveys: a. Freshmen Survey (CIRP) b. Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) Faculty Survey c. Junior and Senior Interim Survey d. Student Satisfaction Inventory and Institutional Priorities Surveys
(3) Works with appropriate personnel to collect information required for surveys, e.g. questions, marketing, notifications etc.
(4) Works with the Offices of Institutional Research and Academic Affairs to host forums and other information sharing events
RESEARCH (1) Responsible for state required Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI) Reporting a. Duties include gathering UIC codes and annual reporting of data
(2) Assists the Director of OIR with the following responsibilities: a. Non major requests for data from external sources b. Gainful Employment Reporting and Disclosures c. Veteran’s related reporting d. Board of Trustees updates e. Detroit Mercy Program Review f. Assisting the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
(3) Work with ReBUILD Data Analyst to gather and analyze statistical data
• Experience in data collection, analysis, and report development • Experience using data analytics software and technologies including SPSS, Argos, SQL, and MS Office Suite products • Experience in Institutional Research or higher education preferred • Experience with Banner preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to analyze data with accuracy and precision • Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with data and reports that include sensitive information • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Extreme attention to detail
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
$22.35 per hour
Works 25 hours per week (schedule to be determined)
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: PS9930-TG004-4013-1066
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.